Another week has passed and it’s time for my weekly update. I didn’t think it would be possible to top the previous week but Monday sure exceeded all those expectations. It’s definitely the best Monday I have ever had at work!
1. The company I work for celebrated 10 years and put on a massive celebration during the whole day. We were greeted at the door by the directors with fizzy drinks, ate a free 3 course meal for lunch, got to leave the office half an hour earlier than normal, and of course eat massive cakes (I couldn’t fit one in being full from lunch).
The best bits, and maybe the most unexpected were 5 minute neck & shoulder massages for everyone, auction to win the ops directors time and effort half a day later in the week, teas and coffees served to our desks, competitions to win a 3 course meal delivered by our CEO and a brass band entertaining us by playing songs like Eye of the Tiger in the afternoon.
What a Monday it was. Happy Birthday!
2. Sushi is one of the best foods in this world. Me and and my lovely friend try to go re to YoSushi regularly, but for some reason, probably a silly one, we haven’t been since summer time so this visit was well overdue. Some new treats on the menu, this Albacore Tuna & Truffle Nigiri for one and it’s amazing!
3. I’m doing a 10k run next weekend, in fact, exactly in a week today, so I’ve been keeping up with my training for it. So pleased to see I was only 20 seconds away from my fastest run ever earlier this week.
4. I love breakfasts, I think it’s the best meal of the day. When Saturday comes and I have time I always treat myself a little. This week I tried something new by adding a some Minstrels to my yoghurt. It turned out to be a really nice combination with sour lemon yoghurt, sweet home made granola and some dark chocolate. Try it! Works well as a dessert too!
5. Body Shop haul (post later next week) and finally I got to invest in some of the product from their Forsted Plum series. I love the body butters and after using up the Virgin Mojito scrub I bought over summer I thought this scent would be ultimate for winter. Can’t wait to use it 🙂
What have you been up to this week?