I started this week with a lovely surprise from Samantha, who blogs at ‘that lifestyle blog’. The nice surprise is that she nominated me in the Liebster Award, which is all about discovering new blogs. This is the first nomination I’ve ever been given so of course I’m talking the challenge to answer some questions and also passing on the relay baton to 10 more lovely bloggers.
Rules of the Liebster Award
- Thank the person who nominated you and share the award on your blog.
- Answer the 10 questions you are asked.
- Nominate 10 bloggers and ask them 10 new questions.
10 questions to get to know me a little bit better
1. Choose 3 words to describe yourself and other 3 to describe your blog.
3 words describing myself
3 words describing my blog
2. What is one thing you can’t live without?
Friends! I know that there are many technical things that obviously are higher up on the list in order for me to survive but that’s a boring answer. Friends help me through good and bad times and I’m so fortunate to have so many happy and positive people in my life.
3. What is the best advice you could give to a fellow blogger?
Be yourself. Stay true to yourself and what you want to do. Go your own way and your followers will love you for it.
4. What is your favorite food?
I always say I could live on burger, or on pizza or on cheese on toast but I do love a good medium rare steak now and again as well. And pasta! Ha, easy to say I love food.
5. What do your friends and family think about your blog and blogging experience?
I think they’re happy to see that I have found a nice hobby keeping me busy, going out socialising and being creative.
6. Who is your celebrity crush?
At the moment I’d have to say Jill Jonsson, a Swedish country singer. She is gorgeous, down to earth and don’t seem to care what others think.
7. Share some love: Give us 3 blogs we should start reading and why.
The Tofu Diaries, written by Natalie. I’m so impressed with all the recipes she comes up with and the food she makes. She’s a lovely colleague who shares her vegan bakes at work so I can guarantee they’re delicious.
Rock on Holly, written by Holly. She has the most amazing OOTD posts there are around.
Loved by Laura, written by Laura. Inspiring lifestyle blog with a great mix of topics – food, fashion, events and London life.
8. What’s your favourite quote?
“I’d rather regret something I did than something I didn’t do.” This quote has been with me for years and years and I love how simple it is and an encouragement to dare doing new things and being curious.
9. How has blogging changed your life?
I’ve been blogging for years but it wasn’t until I started blogging in English that I saw a massive change. I’ve met so many wonderful people, experienced new things and I’ve found a hobby. I think it’s really important to have a hobby or you risk letting your job take over your life.
10. Why do you blog?
I blog because it’s a way for me to express myself. I have a few readers and that’s lovely but more so, I write for myself, to keep sane maybe.
My Nominees and Questions
I’d like to nominate Carolin (Stylingua), Donna (Polkadot Pink), Natalie (The Tofu Diaries), Charlotte (Crunch Corner), Gloria (Glorias World), Dash (Mode Lily), Jessica (Jessica In Your Ear), Kristina (Mode of Style), Maria (Fashion Infatuation) and Zoë (Mammaful Zo) to answer the following 10 questions:
- Describe your blog in 3 words?
- What’s your favourite thing to blog about?
- Why did you decide to become a blogger?
- If you could meet anyone (dead or alive) who would it be and why?
- What’s the proudest you’ve ever been of yourself?
- Have you got any holiday plans this year?
- What is your favourite song of all time?
- Mention a fact your followers might not know about you.
- What other hobbies, aside from blogging, do you have?
- How would you describe your fashion style?
If you’ve enjoyed this post, getting to know me a little bit, check out my about page where I’ve answered loads more questions.