Not many Blogmas posts left now. I’ve got another Christmas favourite of mine to share with you – a Rocky Road recipe! Rocky Road might not be the first treat you think of when talking about Christmas sweets but for me it’s become a tradition to eat it every year since my mum made it the first time, and it was for Christmas. I don’t remember how many years ago that is but this is the first year I’m making some of my own.
Rocky Road ingredients
- 600 gram dark chocolate
- 440 gram ‘Dumle’ fudge. This is a Swedish fudge dipped in milk chocolate (very popular). You can get them in various places here but I buy mine from Candy Hero.
- 300 gram salted peanuts
- 100 gram pistachios
- 2 handfuls of marshmallows
How to make Rocky Road
It’s really easy and quick to make Rocky Road. All you really have to do is mix all the ingredients together. I find this order the easiest though.
1. Peel the pistachios
2. Unwrap the Dumle fudge pieces
3. If you can’t get hold of mini marshmallows, cut the big pieces into four
4. Melt the chocolate over a pan with hot water
5. Mix all the ingredients together6. Pour into a 3cm high pan
7. Leave in the fridge to set before cutting into the size you prefer
What’s your favourite Christmas sweet? If you have any recipes they’re more than welcome!