Ad | PR sample*. This is my first time trying fermented skincare and I must say, I love it! I was sent a bundle of hydrating skincare products from Florena, including a face mask, a day cream and a night cream two months ago. Since then, I have been using the creams daily and I love them. These skincare products are essential for a happy and healthy skin, and they fit perfectly into my skincare routine. If you’re looking for a natural and sustainable skincare brand, read on!
What is Fermented Skincare?
Fermented skincare means that the natural ingredients included have gone through a fermentation process, transforming them to powerful beauty actives. The process enhances the ingredients with 10 times more antioxidants and enriches the formulas with skin boosting Omega fatty acids. Something which can only be achieved through fermentation.
The Florena fermentation process consists of four stages:
- After carefully selecting the flowers and oils, Florena extract their key components.
- Natural fermenting agents and micro-organisms are added to these key components, kickstarting the transformation process.
- The mixture is left to ferment without intervention. Once ready, the solution is filtered to keep only the key fermented components.
- The fermented actives are then added to their natural formula – and this unique beauty recipe is ready.
Florena Hydrating Day Cream & Florena Nourishing Night Cream
Florena 24H Hydrating Day Cream will leave your skin feeling silky and smooth all day long. Experience a lightweight formula, enriched with fermented Camelia Sinensis, known for it’s hydrating benefits, it is essential in your morning skincare routine. I love this cream. It’s so light, smells amazing and leaves my skin feel hydrated. Not fat or oily like many other creams I’ve tried in the past. You only need about a pea size drop each time to moisturise the whole face, so this jar will last me a long time.
Florena Nourishing Night Cream will easily absorb into your skin, ensuring you wake up with refreshed, hydrated skin. This cream also includes fermented Camelia Sinensis and smells as incredible. The only difference is that this cream is slightly richer than the day cream but is as easily absorbed by the skin.
The ingredients used in both these creams are to 99.47% of natural origin and the remaining 0.53% necessary for the stability and safety of the product. They both include fermented Camelia Sinensis (known for its hydrating benefits), fermented olive oil (contains at least 10 more times essential free fatty acids, including Omega 6 and Omega 9) and have a 100 % natural fragrance. All Florena products are free from animal or animal-derived ingredients, silicones, parabens, GMOs, dyes, microplastics.
About Florena and where to buy
Florena is a natural skincare brand which adopts cruelty free and vegan values and commit to sustainability, using recyclable materials. Their jars only use 7 grams of products to produce. This equates to being six times lighter than industry competitors and per jar, you’d save the equivalent of three 500ml plastic bottles.
The full Florena product range is available on their website, including different products depending on your skin type and purpose: hydrating, anti-ageing, cleansing and facial oils. Florena products are also available to buy in Boots so keep an eye out when you’re next shopping for skincare.
I’ll definitely be buying these products again when I run out. Yes, they’re slightly pricier than other skincare brands (£19.99/jar) but as they last for a long time it’s worth it. I also really like the lightweight jars and size which makes them easy to pack going for a weekend away, or longer. Now that I travel down to the office regularly and staying over night, this is great!
Have you ever tried fermented skincare before?
*PR sample. I was sent the bundle of skincare products from Florena in return for this honest review. All images and views are my own.