I prefer a crumble over a tart or a pie, not only because they’re easier and quicker to make but because to me they also taste better, I love the combination of sweet and sour and the best way to get that taste is to cut out the excessive dough you get in pies.
As you can imagine, I visit IKEA now and again to satisfy my Swedish needs. On my last visit I bought a pack of their vanilla sauce, you know the one they serve their apple pie with. It’s been sitting in my kitchen cupboard for a while and I’ve been thinking about making an apple crumble so that I can eat it.
Finally I made a crumble and since it turned out really nice, I thought I would share this easy apple crumble recipe with you as well. I’m sorry I’m not sticking to all healthy recipes here but sometimes you need to treat yourself, and besides, I’m being good with my exercise so I think I’m worth it. If you are as well, give this a go!
EASY APPLE CRUMBLE RECIPE
INGREDIENTS (6 PORTIONS)
800 g apples
1 tbs cinnamon
2 tbs sugar
1 pinch of salt
125 g cold butter
2 dl flour
1 dl oatemeal
1.5 dl sugar
1.5 tbs salt
- Heat the oven to 225°C
- Cut the butter into small cubes.
- Pinch butter, flour and oatmeal to make a crumbly mix. Mix in sugar and salt.
- Peel, core, and cut the apples into pieces.
- Mix the apples with cinnamon, sugar and salt in a buttered pie tray, approximately 28 cm in diameter.
- Sprinkle the crumble mix over the apples.
- Cook the pie in the middle of the oven for 20-25 minutes, until it has a golden colour.
- Let cool and serve with ice cream, whipped cream or vanilla sauce.
Let me know if you try this recipe. I’d love to hear what you think!