Christmas Eve is fast approaching and this is the day when I open my presents (Swedish tradition). Because I’m not celebrating with family this year, leaving it to Christmas Day with friends, I’m still really excited for Christmas. I haven’t bought all the Christmas gifts for everyone I buy for yet but I have had a chance to think of five things that I would love to receive this year. Here’s my Christmas wishlist!
- Glass Drinks Trolley. I’ve seen these in various interior blog posts and interior magazine features. Currently, all my spirit bottles are in a corner on one of my kitchen worktops. It works but it’s not a pretty sight. I would prefer them to all go at the bottom of one of these and to have glasses on the top. I don’t have many kitchen cupboard so this would free up space for less good looking kitchen appliences. This trolley is really cool but so out of my price range. I’ve seen others offline that are cheaper and almost as cool. Circular Brass & Glass Drinks Trolley (Rose & Grey, £315)
- Bed Throw. When I lived in a shared house I didn’t bother too much that my bed didn’t have a throw on it. I did spend a lot more time in my bedroom then than I do now that I have my own flat (livingroom and bedroom) and maybe that’s why I think it looks a bit cheap not covering my bedset with a nice throw. I feel less adult without a throw. Oversized Geo Throw (Next, £35-65) Knitted Throw (Next, £175)
- Champagne Glasses. I love prosecco but so far, I’ve not enjoyed it in my flat because I don’t own any champagne flutes. However, I would like a set of these 20s inspired glasses instead. I could get away with serving prosecco in this, as well as cocktails. Wouldn’t they look lovely on my hopefully soon to be drinks trolley? LSA International Aurelia Glass Champagne Saucers 300ml (John Lewis, £40/set of 4) Retro Fizzio 1920 Coupe Glass 26cl (Urban Bar, £4.90/each)
- Slow Cooker. I didn’t realise you can get a slow cooker for fairly cheap until now. I don’t know why I haven’t invested in one already, so practical!!! I want so I can make lots of soups, stews and other delicious foods. Cookworks 5.5L Slow Cooker – Stainless Steel (Argos, £19.99)
- Vinyl Record Player. I used to play vinyls in my early teens. My parents had an old record player which I borrowed and played the likes of Boney M and Rod Stewart, haha. I’d love to get my hands on one of these retro inspired vinyl record players and stack up on some good vinyls. Crosley Cruiser Black and Rose Gold Vinyl Record Player (Urban Outfitters, £100)
Apart from these products, I’d love a weekend city break away. It feels like ages ago since I was on a holiday. I normally go somewhere for a longer holiday when I do go but lately I’ve been thinking I should explore more around Europe and visit cities like Dublin, Paris, Barcelona, Budapest, Prague and many more. Where to first?
What’s on your Christmas Wishlist this year?