One of my friends always host a yearly Christmas party at hers for friends and it’s the same dress code every year – Christmas. Why complicate when you can keep it simple?
Last year I went as Rudolf so if you are going to a Christmas themed party this year, try this you too! I thought I’d go through how you can easily apply this Rudolf make-up yourselves. It doesn’t take much longer than applying your make-up like usual.
What you need
There is no need for any face paint to rock this look. I used normal make-up and it work just as fine. Not to mention it’s cheaper as I’m sure you’ll have everything at home. Here’s a list of everything I used.
- Black eyeliner
- Eyebrow pencil
- Highlighter pencil
- Nude lipgloss/lipstick
- Red lipstick
- White eyeliner
How to apply the Rudolf make-up
- Begin with the base, it’s nothing out of the ordinary. Apply your foundation and powder.
- Continue with the eyes. I always keep it simple so I only used a black eyeliner on my upper lashline and a white on my waterline, to make the eyes look bigger. Finish off with mascara but doon’t forget the eyebrows. Again, I keep them simple and just enhance them with a brown eyebrow pencil.
- I used quite a lot of the bronzer on my cheeks and forehead to make me look more like a reindeer. More brown than normal but also nice and shimmery.
- Here comes the fun part – use a highlighter pen or white eyeliner to draw the white spots on your cheeks and forehead. Sorry about my fringe covering quite a few here, I did go for more than one on my forehead.
- For best result on a cute Rudolf nose, use red lipstick under your nose and a little bit on your nosetip and down on the nose wings.
- Opt for a nude lipstick or lipgloss on your lips as the nose is meant to stand out in this make-up.
I hope you like it and find this tutorial useful. I could have taken more pictures but I had too much fun applying the make-up. Let me know if you try this make-up tutorial as I’d love to see your pictures.