I love to bake but I hardly ever do it. It’s probably for the best or I’d never stop eating. Over the bank holiday me and my boyfriend had some spare time so we finally got around to try these brownies we’d spotted in Tesco’s magazine. They’re even better than they look so I thought I’d share the recipe with you.
- 175g unsalted butter
- 200g light muscovado sugar
- 200g caster sugar
- 1tps vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 175 dark chocolate (melted)
- 70g plain flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 150g dark chocolate (melted)
- 75g unsalted butter
- 1tbsp icing sugar
- Hundreds and thousands
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Grease a 25cm x 16cm oven tin
- Whisk butter and sugars until light and fluffy. We didn’t have an electric whisk but it still worked. It just means you need to work those arm muscles a bit more.
- Add the vanilla and one egg at a time
- Melt the chocolate, either in the microwave or over a water bath on the stove.
- Add the melted chocolate, flour and cocoa
- Pour into the tin and bake for 25-30min in the oven. Make sure the centre is still soft when set.
- Make the glaze! Melt chocolate, mix with butter and icing.
- Add the glaze! We added it on the brownie whilst it was still hot to make sure that it would cover evenly.
- Add hundreds and thousands of your choice.
- Leave to cool before cutting and serving.
If you try it, let me know what you think.